Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Psalm 13: A Brief Psalm of Mourning

These weeks have been long
and my spirit is tired.
How long will you wait to
refresh me, God?
How long will this loss
leave me alone inside myself,
feeling ever sad?
Please help me; dry my tears
before they drown me,
before my fear
and doubt

can say they have won.

selah
(please, God, selah)

No.
You show me constant mercy.
(& I am mostly
Glad in You.)
I will write
a song of praise
to you,
and it will not
be false,
for music is one
of the thousand
gifts you’ve given
.

2/15/05

i now wear Grandpa’s watch.
Grandpa’s watch.
it does keep perfect time.

5 Comments:

At February 22, 2005 at 2:59 PM, Blogger Scott Jones said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your grief.

 
At February 22, 2005 at 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will add another hug to the list I am keeping of things I will give you the next time we meet. I love you, and my heart goes out to you completely. If anything, I hope to give you someone to lean on, someone to talk to; I hope to keep you from feeling alone and dejected and silenced. I hope to awaken your tired soul and I hope to God that He will embrace you further into His heart, for you of all should receive such a gift. I love you. Get in touch soon. -Natalie

 
At February 23, 2005 at 9:03 AM, Blogger Roman said...

That was wonderful. Don't really know what else to say other than that, but it wasrefreshing to read something like that.

 
At February 24, 2005 at 6:12 PM, Blogger natala said...

This is really wonderful... I hope you don't mind I am going to link to you... really great idea - thanks !

 
At February 24, 2005 at 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know:
I drank your poem
first in small sips
then in one long draught:
the burning words sliding,
their glowing path becoming a bridge
held together by ropes of your making-
swaying, unstable, yet
carrying me from unuttered pain
to some kind of meaning-
to hope and rest.
To rest from constant hope for meaning.

I just wanted to tell you
how the tears came to my eyes.
How I stood up, unsteady on my feet
from the effect of your words
on my soul.
Poem-shaken.

I just wanted to let you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home