Saturday, November 20, 2004

Psalm 5: The Enemy

I've been thinking
a great deal

(a sure sign of trouble)
about enemies.

I have no
corporeal enemies.

God be praised
and
Knock on wood.

However.
God, I hate my job
and all the
dolour and decay
inside of me
from doing it.
My job is an
enemy
.

As is my laziness,
my obdurate refusal
to do my dishes
or volunteer,
my stubborn disinclination
to hang up my clothes
or telephone
old friends.
My laziness is an
enemy
.

As is my anger,
my blind rage at
inconvenience and
the failure of
Rural Populism
,
my choking indignation
at selfish women
and arrogant men.
Yes, and so much more
(my God, so much anger).
My Anger is,
most certainly,
an enemy
.

And there are
other enemies
locked into my
spirit. Like
ramoneurs and
whores in the French
Quarter
, my enemies
exhibit an old world that
by rights should have
disappeared and been
nearly forgotten
.

But no enemies
corporeal.

Except.

11/19/04

so much more
than this to say

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2004 at 9:23 AM, Blogger Tack City said...

Sorry it took so long.

I actually wrote this and 6 in tandem. So. I guess if you show up in the next couple of hours, you'll get to read them one at a time.
If you got here after the 6th was posted, please try to read this one first. I think (hope, rather) they make a little more sense that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home