Friday, December 17, 2004

7th Psalm- Workers Working

God, if I have faith in you,
save me from pain
before the pain destroys me.

If I have done evil,
If my hands are dirty
If I hurt a person who loved me
(and I’ve tried to protect
even people who seem
to hate me),
Then let the ones who
hate me
Win.
(Let what’s left
of my soul
Rot
with that hatred)
Let them drive me
into the ground
and send my dignity
and my reputation
with me.

But, God, please
Rise Up
against the vast injustice
that is my enemy
and impassion me
to Act Publicly
against it.
And let Us
bring All of
the People
against it
to Surround Your Justice.

(say that out loud)

To Surround
Your Justice

And for the
People
I ask You to
take over.

If You will judge them,
If You will judge
The Faithful,
Judge Me
according to my
faithfulness
and my
integrity
(for I should be
making them better)

Change the people
making evil
to make no more
but build them up
who make justice.
You are Who
evaluates
our Faith
& our Practice.

I am alone.
Defeat me if I’m
not doing your work..

(justicia si, guerra no)

God has commanded
Justice.
God must be
sick of us by now.
We have
armed ourselves
quite wicked
and created
New & Exciting
ways to destroy each other
.

We have created
Hell all on our own
.

There is no way
We could keep this
from falling back
onto us.

Praise God
for making us
so fallible.

(?)

12/05/04

whose side are you on, boys,
whose side are you on

3 Comments:

At December 17, 2004 at 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That pulled at my heartstrings.

-natalie

 
At December 19, 2004 at 7:29 PM, Blogger Roeschleys said...

I've been noitcing a trend in these Psalms.

None of them are about me. What up with that yo?

--Sarah

 
At December 22, 2004 at 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty:
I have just learned that you will be hosting a Breakout session at the coming Mid Winter retreat. I'm mucho excited! After reading a few of these Psalms, I'm rather intrigued by the possibilities of what you will have to say about forgiveness. You make me wonder...

-natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home