Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A New Discipline

I have set a new project for myself.

In the coming year I intend to write 150 psalms.

Originally I thought I should get up early (earlier, I should say, considering the fact that my normal wage-slave job requires me to open the school where I work by seven-thirty a.m. Monday through Friday... I get up early already, that's what) and write a psalm each morning for 150 days.

Day two I barely got to work on time.
Four days in I wrote the second psalm.

Sniff.

Let's be realistic. I can write 150 poems in a year. However, 150 poems in 150 days seems like more than a pipe-dream.

So. Here I will add, as frequently as I can produce, brand new psalms of devotion and failure and fear and joy, but only as often as I can get my lazy ass around to doing it.

I hope you enjoy.
Well, I hope we both enjoy.

Paz,
Salaam,
Shalom

-tackcity

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2004 at 10:24 PM, Blogger Scott Jones said...

Sounds intriguing. I'm looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home