Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Psalm 16: Thanksgiving and Ecclesiastic Joy

1. Continue to
fuel me, God,
as I trust You
more daily.
2.My heart-
my very soul-
rings out!
All good things
I have
come from You.

3. I am
delighted
in this, Your body,
that You have built;
that has
taken me into
itself.
I have found
a church
that I love.
(I'm as surprised
as anyone.)

4. I-
a mutt of humanity,
a mad amalgam
of human failings-
and this wonderful
and motley
band of believers
are joined for
the purposes of
Your Glory.
5. Grace and
Goodness
are our
inheritance,
our glass
is at least
half full
and still filling
with a
sustaining
faith!
6. Into my
line of sight
has come
a beautiful
& inclusive
kingdom.
I'm surprised to find
that there are parts
of my heritage
to be embraced.

7. I will praise God,
Who has given me
great advice
and a conscience
that occasionally
leads me out
of darkness.
8. I will strive
to have God
in front of me.
With this goal,
my doubt and
self-loathing
will not
destroy me.
9. And so.
I am glad.
God is
glorifying me.
God has
introduced to me
the sweetest word,
and it is
Hope.
10. God has
spared me the
endlessness
of my pain.
God has
spared me the
corruption I
often choose to host.
11. God will
reveal to me
the plans
God knows
God has for me
(plans to not fail),
and give me
more of Life.
In God's
giant and
un-
trembling
Hand,
I find
pleasure
evermore.

3/14/05

am I now
known completely?

14 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 at 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i ache to know more of you.

 
At March 29, 2005 at 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like what this "jenny" has to say.

 
At March 29, 2005 at 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,
and am I allowed to say that I love the writing?

 
At March 30, 2005 at 7:12 AM, Blogger Dave said...

(wow. it's finally letting me comment.)

joy and thanksgiving indeed. this is a beautiful side of you, my friend.

i'm very happy for you and your new family. there's nothing as awesome as finding community.

my favorite phrase was "God's giant and untrembling hand." That's an awful lot of meaning packed in five words.

 
At April 2, 2005 at 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see this. I'm so glad you've found a church you love. This is a good balance to the hurting, angry ones.

KM

 
At April 14, 2005 at 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your play between the community of God's blissful action (part one), and the individual meaning, sometimes rest, you derive from God's immediate presence (part two) speaks profoundly to a tension faith often exhibits. Just as a community's love and inclusion is too often a rare commodity (and thus it is surprising for many of us that we can find one to feel passionate about), so too, I find, is an introspective awareness easily overshadowed with conflict and self-deprecation. I take strenth and joy in your courage to find God's redemption and abiding love both within those realities, and despite them when accurate. May your days overflow more readily with such brightness, and may you exhibit the brightness of this psalm in your life and further writings.

 
At April 14, 2005 at 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very honest, very hopeful, thanks

 
At April 21, 2005 at 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was beautiful... and I so needed beauty today... thank you.

 
At May 16, 2005 at 2:56 PM, Blogger Tofflemire said...

Hey Marty, just checking up on you, seems like you have connected with a church, that makes me smile.

 
At May 22, 2005 at 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...because I do, you know?

I love the writing and I love the blank space and I love the scream and quietness of the entirety of it.
I love the meanings behind the capitals and I love, also, the questions you present.
I love the taking and the giving and the way that it is brought.
I love the way you were distraught
upon forgiveness;
at the thought!
For I love you,
my man,
and sought
for long, long times
this way,
though sold and bought
much like our lonesome little dove,
this way,
this way in which you're capable to love.

 
At May 23, 2005 at 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this, i had a lot of reading to catch up on, but they are good. my favorite part of this project is reading the reactions of others to your thought provoking writing. you my friend have began using your gifts.

michael

 
At May 26, 2005 at 12:04 PM, Blogger Tack City said...

Hello, all.
After taking a long hiatus from working on this project (it was negatively affecting any other writing pursuits), I am returning. There will soon be another psalm. Number 17. A prayer about sincere prayer. Hope you'll like it.
Thanks for dropping by in my absence.
peace

 
At June 2, 2005 at 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for that.

 
At June 8, 2005 at 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty,
I love hearing (and reading) that you're doing well. miss you old friend.
Ira

 

Post a Comment

<< Home